As a tenant when you sign a tenancy agreement … The tenant should ensure that the following DOES NOT OCCUR as they will be liable for the cost to repair the damage:
- Make any alterations to the property without the prior approval of Active Property Management’s team.
- Damage the property or allow others to damage the property.
- Apply stickers or decals to the walls.
- Damage, remove or disconnect any chattels or fixtures.
- Damage, tamper with or remove smoke alarms.
- Refuse entry to the property when Active Property Management are entitled to do so.
- Use the property for any unlawful activities, or allow others to use the property for unlawful activities.
- The tenant should observe the local council’s guidelines for noise control and thus not cause excessive noise that interfere with the neighbours’ peace and quiet.
- The tenant should not sublet any part of the property.