Inspections are done 3 monthly unless otherwise requested by the landlord. You will receive a notice, 2 weeks in advance that an inspection will be carried out. You can expect the following when our team carries out the inspection:
We will bring with us an inspection form on which we will note the condition of each room and any chattels within the room. We will note any maintenance required and any damages that has been done.
To prepare for the inspection you could follow the following guidelines:
- Thoroughly clean the stove top, oven, grill, oven trays, racks and warming drawer
- Range hood filters should be cleaned by removing them and soaking them in warm soapy water, rinse and let them dry before clipping them back into place
- The dishwasher should be cleaned and the door is to be left ajar.
- Sink and tapware should be cleaned
- All cupboards should be wiped clean on the inside and on the outside
- Benchtop and splashback should be cleaned and free from any grease
- Walls and ceilings should be cleaned and free from grease and mold
- The floor area should be clean and free from grease, including areas behind stove and dishwasher
- All marks, cobwebs and mildew must be removed from ceilings, cornices and walls.
- All light fittings, shades and fitted ceiling fans must be clean and dust free.
- All floors and skirting boards must be clean.
- Carpets to be commercially cleaned as per the terms of your agreement. The use of self-service hire equipment is acceptable. (Rug Doctor)
- Windows, window sills, doors, doorframes and fixed shelves must be clean and dust free.
- Drapes/curtains hooked onto tracks. Replace missing or broken hooks.
- Drapes clean and mold accumulated removed during tenancy.
- All blinds, if fitted, wipe clean.
- All broken glass must be replaced. (broken windows)
- All light bulbs are functioning and replace any missing bulbs.
- Picture hooks to remain on walls.
- Clean all light switches and power points to remove dirt and finger marks.
- Remove any stickers or decals or sticky residues.
- Ensure all smoke alarms are functional.
Bathrooms & Laundry
- All showers and/or bath must be free of all soap residue.
- Tile grouting free of mildew and soap residue.
- Shower curtain or door free of all soap residue and mold.
- All plugholes clean, free of hair and debris. All plugholes have plugs.
- All mirrors wiped clean.
- Vanity and back splash free of all soap residue and taps clean and polished. Vanity cupboards and drawers clean.
- All toilet bowls, toilet seats and cisterns clean.
- All mirrors must be wiped clean.
- Broken mirrors must be replaced.
- Laundry tub clean and remove debris from plughole. Laundry cupboard clean inside and out.
- If fitted washing machine and/or dryer to be cleaned and filters cleared.
- Extractor fans and air vents cleaned and free of dust.
- All rubbish must be removed.
- Lawns must be mowed and edges trimmed within two days before inspection or vacating the property. All grass clippings must be removed.
- Garden beds must be weeded and tidy.
- Recycle bin empty, washed out and left on property if final inspection.
- Deck areas clean and tidy.
- Driveways, carports, garages and concrete areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure paved driveways are free from oil and grease stains.
- Garage clean and cobwebs removed.